Customers for Life
Hartwigs was established during 1923 as B G Hartwig & Co Pty Ltd in the main street of Wagga Wagga to service the new and evolving motor industry. Berthold George Hartwig (Father of Charles, Grandfather of Robert and Great Grandfather of Tim Hartwig) soon grew his business from a garage servicing motor vehicles and was awarded a 5 year distributorship from York Motors. During that period Hartwigs was responsible for Chrysler; Plymouth; Fargo; Morris Cars; Morris Commercials; and Morris Utilities.
Four generations and 92 years on, Hartwigs continues to be a family owned and operated business still associated with Chrysler through the Daimler Trucks Group – selling Fuso; Mercedes Benz; and Freightliner Trucks. Through the Penske Commercial Vehicle global operation, Hartwigs also sells Western Star; MAN; and Dennis Eagle Trucks via its On-Highway Division. Detriot Engines make up a large part of the On-Highway segment.
Earlier this century Hartwigs moved into the Agricultural and Construction industries when appointed authorised dealers for the Case IH Agriculture and Case Construction Equipment full range of products. Professional business ethics and a strong focus on “Customers for Life” has helped and is helping Hartwigs provide best practice sales, service and parts within these growing markets.
Hartwigs has branches located in Albury, Dubbo, Griffith, Orange, Queanbeyan, Shepparton and Wagga. Employing approximately 190 people across the 7 locations, the primary philosophy has been and continues to be: